Working on my first bronze artwork (concept sketches).

Last night I was in the mood for sketching. I came up with quite a special concept for my first proper bronze sculpture. I will be sculpting a Kudu buck staring at the sky. To emphasize the interest that the buck have with the world outside I will be placing it on a high wooden totem lifting it upwards, so that it looks like an energy pulling him to a new world. The wood turning of the totem will be in an almost Victorian style.  The Kudu's proportions will be distorted resulting in an very subtle surrealistic narrative. I plan on using a light wood such as Jacaranda. The wood will be contrasting the bronze with its light in colour & weight and soft fragile properties. 

concept, sketch, sculpting, fine art, kudu, buck
My rough pencil sketch along with the proportions and wooden profile on the right hand side. Riaan Coetzee, 2017


 

Comments

Popular Posts