Furnace tong in progress.

The last view days have been quite hectic with design work. My computer mouse broke about two days ago and gave me the perfect excuse to pop in at the local hardware store. There I got everything I need to do a test cast. I got some steel for building my tong, some copper and amazingly I even got my hands on some tin.

Every evening after I got the steel I worked a little bit on crafting a tong that I can use to lift the crucible from the fire. The tong is almost ready, it just need some minor refinements. I will upload everything that I plan on using for the casting.   


Steel, tong, crucible, foundry, casting,
Here is the design of the tong that I have created, It works perfectly for a no. 10 crucible.

Tong, crucible, casting, foundry, testing
Testing the tong, and it works perfectly!

Comments

Popular Posts