Progress for the weenkend & the final Jacaranda piece.

As mentioned in my post yesterday we've started on our paintings made with our own paint. We did however add some store bought iron oxides and titanium white pigments. The pieces is in a very raw under painting stage as we are still figuring out what we want. The uncertainty of the paint and new colours will propably result in a interesting layered piece with some great character, atmosphere and mood. Here is a photo of my blurry vision of my next piece. 

Natural pigments, nature, oil, paint, art, painting, Riaan Coetzee,
The start of a painting of hermanus make from pigments harvested in that specific area.

The other news is that my realistic style Jacaranda flower piece is complete and touch dry. In about a week or two I will give it a coat of re-touch varnish.

oil painting, jacaranda, flowers, artist, Riaan Coetzee, realism
Riaan Coetzee, Jacaranda flowers, Oil on board (500mm X 500mm), 2017

Comments

Popular Posts