Exploring Screen Printing

Last week I made time to go and buy a few screens and light sensitive emulsion so that I can attempt screen printing. It was only a few days ago that I was able to give this printing process a go. The emulsion took a bit longer to dry than I expected. I've applied the emulsion and left it to dry in a black art bag, it took about 2-3 days to dry properly. After my first successful exposure to UV light (using the sun) I felt super excited. A few test prints on canvass disappointed me slightly. I then decided to print on a T-shirt.... and the result was a super crisp and clean print. The design that I have used was one of the "Monster Monday" illustrations that was specifically illustrated for lino printing and therefore have thick solid lines. My next few prints that I am planning will be illustrated specifically for screen printing.    

Riaan Coetzee, Monster Monday, Screen printing

Riaan Coetzee, 2015, The screen and print result, Screen printing

Comments

Popular Posts