The end of the ear.

So I've opened my casting of yesterday, although the mug came out perfectly the ear didn't want to work. It had a huge air bubble right in the center of the ear. That was the final straw, I've cut of the ear and now have a way better plan. I am going to cast the ear separately, so today its back to basics... I am going to create a new mold.

Designerart, Das, Mug, Ceramics, Crazy clay, prototype
A new prototype of my mug's ear crafted from crazy clay.


The new ear is crafted from crazy clay. Crazy clay work extremely well for a smooth surface without any surface irregularities or cracks.  Because crazy clay dissolves in water I had to seal it with some blue spray paint. Today I will hopefully get enough time to build a testing mold for the ear.

 

Comments

Popular Posts