Building the frame for the sculpture.

The last few weeks have been very hectic, however the time is coming closer for me to finish my sculpture (well to start & finish). Yesterday when I took a break I decided to start building the framework/ armature. I decided to use wooden kebab sticks and connect them using Pratley steel. Usually I use steel rods, but since my frame is so small and consists out of a framework that doesn't involve bending the kebab sticks worked perfectly. 


Sculpting, wireframe, kebab sticks, work in progress, armiture
The steel putty & kebab stick framework is very strong and light to work with.


Last night when all of the Pratley steel was hard I started sculpting the kudu. I am not nearly finished, but this time I am really focusing on keeping my sculpture symmetric.

Clay, modeling , armature, kudu, buck, nature, art, sculpting
Sculpting around my new kebab stick armature.

close-up, clay modeling, anatomy, muscles, buck, kudu
Close-up of the modeling.



Comments

Popular Posts