A quick garden update.

So 10 days has passed since I've shared our garden with you. Yesterday we've had our very first rain. It didn't rain a lot, but I've managed to collect about 60l of rain that we can use to water the veggies. Even though the vegetables didn't get a lot of water they still did quite well. In fact the very first cucumber and a few beans is almost ready for harvesting (I can't wait !!). Here are some picks of whats happening.

The largest cucumber in our vegetable garden so far.

Our raised garden have grown into a compact vegetable bush. I simply looks epic!

I have realized that the pumpkins are planted way to close to each other. The cropping will therefore be very unpredictable.

The tomatoes started growing crazy since I've transparent them into the soil.  

The cabbages is looking fairly healthy. We still have some problems with cabbage worms but I think we've got the situation almost under control.

I've found that growing herbs from seeds is a long and slow process, but I have to admit that it is a lot more satisfying than buying it in store. This is a photograph of our Oregano. 

Comments

Popular Posts