Monster Orangutan Progress

So its Monday again, I won't be able to finish the entire illustration  today, but made good progress. These illustrations will surely improve my drawing skills. This illustration is based on a orangutan. When I looked for some reference images I just realized how magnificent these creatures are. Their behavior and facial expressions really remind a lot of the human. Next Monday I will upload the final illustration, but in the meantime here is my progress:



My original drawing outlined in Photoshop with a black soft brush.
I've started to add some colour as well as a dark background.
A blue reflection... wonder what that could be? ... The cold colour contrasts greatly with the warmer reds.

So far I am using a lot more layers than my previous illustration. Check out the final illustration next Monday, but for now have a great week.

Comments

Popular Posts