First painting for 2022

Painting, Riaan Coetzee, Art, Oil,
Riaan Coetzee, 500 x 500mm, One of Annlin's many Parks, Oil on Board

My first painting for 2022, a landscape of a local park. This year I plan to paint a lot more spontaneous pieces especially landscapes. For me there is something very special about capturing landscapes and to see how it changes over the years. The direction of the brush strokes is motivated and inspired by Karma and compliments my current style very well. The idea is to have a current or flow in the brush strokes that will result in everything interacting & blending with one another in that way it is more like painting one thing instead of painting the isolated objects in their relation to each other. On a more deeper level it relates to how everything is connected and directly influences each other.      

Although this piece is 500 x 500mm and painted indoors I plan to paint a bit smaller this year so that I can get a perfect balance between speed, looseness and detail. I plan to paint a lot more al fresco this year and a smaller board will make that also a bit easier. 

This piece will be on exhibit at the members exhibition at the Association of Art's Pretoria from Friday 22 January 22 till Saturday 12 February.


 

Comments

Popular Posts