Something a bit more realistic

I am currently working on something that is not my style at all. Something out of my comfort zone. I am working on a realistic painting. Realism is something that every artist should do every now and then. Realism improves your observational skills as well as gives you a better understanding of your medium. The piece that I am working on have taught me quite a lot about varnishing, and the correct way of layering.

The painting is of a Jacaranda flower placed on a rock tile. The rock texture still need some work. Another thing that I have noticed is how similar the painting of the flowers is to painting skin tones, the lightness, spectrum of colours and sensitivity of the paints.  

Jacaranda, OIl painting, art, realism, chiaroscuro, Riaan Coetzee
Riaan Coetzee, Jakaranda, Oil on board (500mm X 500mm), 2017
I hope to share the final painting with you soon!!

Comments

Popular Posts