A painting of Hout Bay Harbour, Cape Town

I've finally managed to paint my first painting for the year. I know that it is a bit late but rather late than never. This piece is like most of my artworks quite big and measures 841 x 1189 mm (A0). It's painted in oil on canvass. The style reminds of the Impressionists and was painted using only my palette knife.

The piece is not an overthought conceptual piece but rather a quick and relaxing piece. I love nature and how light and colour works. I feel that this is my first painting that shows great colour mixing.    

For me this artwork was just a great break away from the formal design world and would want to do this a lot more regularly. Hopefully I'll manage to make more time for painting before the end of the year.

Riaan coetzee, Art, Cape Town, Hout bay, painting, fine art
Riaan Coetzee, Hout Bay Harbour, Oil on canvass, 2016

Comments

Popular Posts