3D Character development - Adding the hand

Hi there,

So I worked a bit more on the character that I posted last Monday, I fixed the hands, worked on the eyes and started to add a mouth. The teeth is not perfect yet but if gives the idea of what I am planning.

The hands that I did last time didn't really work for me so I decided to go and watch a hand modeling tutorial, some of the tutorials were really good but I thought there had to be an easier way to get the perfect hand. I then remembered that a long time ago I downloaded a program called "Make Human". "Make Human" is a 3D human modeling program where you can develop a character based on its gender, age and anatomy. But I just needed the hand, a already perfectly modeled human hand ! So I imported a male make human figure and deleted all the faces except for the hand. I then connected this hand on my characters' arm. And here is what it looks like, Definitely the easiest and most effective way to get a perfect 3D modeled hand.     

I used the default figure in MakeHuman, and just changed the gender to male. 
The figure imported into Blender.
A render of my monster's new human hands
The Character with its new hands, eyes and mouth. 

At the moment the character looks very static and emotionless, this will all change when I add the bones and facial expressions. Hopefully next week I will be finished modeling this character so I can start with the rest.   

Have a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts