Firing Results

This weekend I successfully fired the "piggy bank". This time I tried seaweed (purchased from a local sushi bar) and coarse salt. I removed the piece from the fire again while it was still hot, rather than gradually allowing it to cool down. It worked really well!

I found a little chip in the face, but think this happened inside the fire and not after I removed it to cool down. Although the seaweed and salt left some really pleasing results, I would like to try a white clay.

After the piece cooled down, I washed it and then waxed it using normal Cobra floor polish. For the next piece I will hopefully test bees wax. Here is the results, hope you like it!
Riaan Coetzee, 2015, Concept "Piggy Bank", Fired Ceramics

Riaan Coetzee, 2015, Concept "Piggy Bank", Fired Ceramics
    

Comments

Popular Posts